You may want a mattress topper for specific reasons, maybe you have severe spinal issues or are just looking for something for your worn-out mattress. Also, if you are dreaming of a calm sleep throughout the night, then you can choose a mattress topper for that as well.
A mattress topper is a damsel in distress, and it does a lot of amazing things. It will improve your sleeping modes and give various positioning options as well. Moreover, a topper adds an extra layer of padding that softens the sleeping bed and provides ultra-comfort to your back.
However, sometimes it becomes tricky to choose the right one according to your body weight and requirement.
Today, we have two mattress toppers with us: a 2-inch mattress topper and a three-inch mattress topper.
We recently reviewed Linenspa 2 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper and also list the best waterproof mattress protectors available on a separate page.
2 Inch Mattress Toppers
Well, obesity is certainly on the rise but lightweight people have not extinct completely. If you are lean, you probably would not want a mattress to hurt your back. A 2-inch mattress topper is the right choice to pick for lightweight people.
It holds less thickness, so it provides cushioning to lightweight people. Moreover, this topper is easy to use and maintain due to its thickness level.
Well, it is time to talk about some of the best features of a 2-inch mattress topper.
- Adequate thickness — A 2-inch thick mattress topper provides adequate-thickness to the user. The right thickness is necessary to enjoy a sound sleep and with a two-inch mattress topper, it is very much possible. This kind of mattress topper is an ideal option for people below 70 Kg.
- Right kind of soft — Assuredly, a soft mattress will give soft touch while sleeping, but in case of a firm mattress, you have to add some softness. You can always go for a 2-inch mattress topper to add a little more comfort and softness to your dream life.
- Perfectly cool — The third feature of the 2-inch mattress topper is its cooling system. As a 2-inch mattress isn’t too thick, you can sleep without sweating overnight. Moreover, your body temperature regulates, and your body remains cool while sleeping.
- Body support — Usually, people experience joints and back pain due to the hardness of the mattress. This 2-inch topper supports the body by adding firmness and relieving your body from pressure. So you feel untired and fresh each morning.
- Enough-durability — Durability matters a lot, so before buying a topper, keep this feature in mind. Because you are going for a long-term investment, you have to choose a durable mattress topper. Hence, a 2-inch mattress topper holds enough-durability that can use for the long term period or the rest of life.
Pros of a 2 Inch Mattress Topper
- Maximizes comfort.
- Easy to wash.
- Best for lightweight people.
- Pain reliever.
- Not suitable for weight-gaining bodies.
- Durable to a specific limit.
3-inch Mattress Topper
People above 70 kg require extra cushioning for their mattresses and what could be the best option than having a 3-inch mattress topper. This kind of mattress topper is an excellent choice for people who are into extra comfort.
A 3-inch mattress topper is quite thick, durable, provides ultra-comfort and is good to touch. Further, it is an ideal choice for people with more than 70kg weight. So let’s overview its features in general;
Highlighted features of a 3-inch mattress topper:
Extra-thick — You can make your mattress more comfortable by putting an extra-thick topper on it. Most of the times, this is the only way to enjoy a sound sleep. Further, a 3-inch thickness can handle more than 70 Kg person easily.
Ultra-soft — All mattress topper can make your mattress ultra-soft. Furthermore, this softness aligns the spine position and relieves the pressure points by dispersing body weight.
Highly durable — A thicker topper with extra padding or layering will be more durable. With this mattress topper, you can be calm and refreshed.
Zoned Comfort — Usually, a 3-inch mattress topper is made of different comfort zones. These comfort zones are in numbers depending on the mattress thickness. Hence, for this size, there are five zones of comfort present. These specialized zones maximize body comfort and lessen body pressure, as well.
Moreover, you will get rid of interruptions because it reduces the tossing and turning while sleeping. Furthermore, this feature distributes your body weight evenly throughout the whole sleep. You feel a sense of relaxation at your shoulders, feet, and knees points.
Pros of a 3 Inch Mattress Topper
- Best to everyone.
- Quite thick and durable.
- No interruption.
- Sometimes, sweating occurs.
Comparison of 2 Inch and 3 Inch Mattress Toppers
This contrast and similarity comparison of 2-inch and 3-inch mattress toppers will more clearly explain and help in making a decision.
- Both the 2-inch and 3-inch toppers are excellent in terms of thickness.
- They both provide comfort and support to the back, knees, and shoulders.
- Next, they are durable; you can use them for a lifetime.
- Both are easy to use and wash.
- A 2-inch topper has a cooling feature that lacks in the 3-inch topper.
- A 2-inch topper is suitable for those who are below 70kg, while 3-inch is the best suitable for everyone.
- A 2-inch topper isn’t soft and comfortable like a 3-inch topper because it doesn’t hold extra padding and comfort zones.
- Sometimes, a 2-inch topper produces noise due to its extra-thickness, but a 3-inch topper couldn’t retain this fault.
- Extra-comfort zones are a key feature of the 3-inch mattress topper, and a 2-inch lacks this feature.
No doubt, both the 2-inch and 3-inch mattress toppers are best and add extra comfort to your sleep. Besides, both give relief from pressure and relax your joints.
However, before buying a topper, you have to decide which one is best suited for you according to your body weight and size.
When you add an extra layer, prefer to add more comfort while buying 3 inches topper, but when your mattress is in fresh condition, and you only need a comfortable layer, then a 2 inches topper is best.