Sleep is a vital ingredient of well-being and health, with visible impacts on physical development, responses, and quality of life. Along with this, it is an indispensable component for mental health and good body coordination as well. Therefore, we can easily say that improved sleep quality and athletes’ performance are directly linked. An athlete always needs to look for the best mattress for athletes to get a comfortable and purposeful sleep.
Besides, good sleep can also shrink the risk of both illness and injury in an athlete’s professional life.
Despite this, sleep quality will directly affect an athlete’s training performance, ultimately pushing him or pulling him to perform well in the main event.
Moreover, the research also speaks in favor of good sleep; athletes who fail to obtain the standard amount of good sleep will put their health and performance at stake.
At the end of the day, what athletes need the most is a comfortable sleep environment, and for this reason, the athlete’s mattress choice should be his/her primary importance. A good sleeping surface can help ease pain, improve body blood flow, and keep your body temperature normal to provide good sleep.
How Can the Perfect Mattress Benefit Athletes?
- Relieves Blood Pressure – A good sleeping mattress will relieve pressure from the most overworked body areas such as the spine, shoulders, and hips.
- Improved blood flow – If your sleeping posture is good, it will also help you recover faster due to the improved blood flow.
- Prevents joint pain – A sleeping mattress that supports your spinal alignment will keep you away from the risk of arthritis and joint pain.
- Ensures body temperature – A perfect sleeping mattress will help to control your body temperature as well.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Mattress for Athletes?
- Dimensions: The size of the mattress is something significant. If you are taller than ordinary athletes, a standard mattress will be too short and might not be wide enough. Therefore, you need to decide what size best suits you. However, for athletes, a queen-size mattress is the most recommended size.
- Firmness: Despite the fact, it is your personal preference that you want your mattress to be firm or soft, but considering the fitness of the athlete firm mattress is always recommended.
- A firm mattress can provide more support to the back, while on the other hand, a soft mattress may be comfortable to sleep on, but it is not considered suitable for athletes.
- Support: Support is something that should never be compromised. While some athletes only consider how comfortable the mattress is, the support plays a vital role in keeping your back in check. The right mattress will always support the natural shape of your spine. However, the mattress doesn’t respond to it will ultimately put more pressure on your back, hips, and neck.
- Motion isolation: Typically, only couples look for this feature in a mattress, while it can be beneficial for athletes. With this feature, you will not feel anything if the person sleeping next to you is moving. Therefore, if you sleep with a partner, your sleep won’t be disturbed. It can also be beneficial when you have to wake up early In the morning for the training session without disturbing your partner.
- Price: The value of a mattress is essential; it is like how much are you paying and what are you getting in return? Therefore, you have to consider the price and the benefits you will get in return. Adjust your budget according to the quality and material of the mattress.
3 Best Mattress for Athletes
1. Sleep Innovations Marley Gel Memory Foam Mattress
- Ideal for hot slippers – because of the cooling gel memory foam.
- Hypoallergenic design – for ventilation.
- Isolation motion design – for a noiseless and pressure-relieving sleep.
Sleep innovation mattress is our first pick due to the premium Polyester used in its manufacturing. This mattress is engineered to regenerate the body heat into infrared energy, maintaining the body temperature.
The three layers are one of the notable features of this mattress, which helps the champion in many ways, such as it aids in better blood flow, pressure relief, and speedy physical recovery.
Besides breathability, it also provides better temperature neutrality, which aids in more undisturbed sleep than all the other bed-foams.
The memory foam and polyfoam layers provide essential support to the spine that comforts the athlete’s body. Layers help to keep the spine straight and help to relieve pressure from the overworked body parts.
Sleep innovation mattress ensures there is no noise, which can be beneficial for both couples and athletes who do not want to disturb their partner.
It is a perfect combo of firmness and comfort. Also, it is a mattress that will help athletes in multiple ways.
- Athletes who are less than 230 pounds.
- Back pain patients.
- Side sleepers.
- People who share their bed.
- Hip pain sufferers.
Not recommended For
- Athletes who are more than 230 pounds.
- Stomach sleepers.
- Neck pain patients.
2. Olee Sleep Multi Layered Memory Foam Mattress
- Perfect cooling effect – with the addition of I – Gel.
- High-density layers – for the equal dispersion of body weight.
- Ideal for back pain – because the mattress enhances the sleeping posture
The Olee I-Gel mattress is a hybrid mattress that is both eco-friendly and high quality. It includes i-gel cooling foam that improves sleep quality by keeping an athlete’s body’s temperature low and steady in the hot season. It is specially made for the athletes who get training in scorching weather.
The Olee mattress is best suitable for athletes of 130 pounds as people of this weight sag excessively in the softer bed. Moreover, the thick latex layer inside ensures to minimize the motion transfer keeping the movement on the mattress soundless. Therefore, it is recommended to the couples as well.
The Olee mattress is the smart choice for athletes who want durability, quality, and budget-friendliness in one go. It will offer them exceptional support and help them to sleep cool at night for an extended period.
- Side, stomach, and back sleepers.
- Athletes who are 130 pounds or more.
- Athletes who like to sleep cool at night.
- Eco-friendly shoppers
Not recommended For
- Athletes who are less than 130 pounds
- Athletes who like traditional mattresses.
- Zoma sleep mattress
3. ZOMA Memory-Foam-Mattress
- A perfect blend of aesthetics and comfort – the color is extremely aesthetic and the mattress equally comfortable.
- Breathable cover – to ensure quality sleep throughout the night.
- Triangular foam segments – to relieve the pressure points.
Zoma sports mattress is the best choice for physically active sleepers. The mattress is divided into multiple firm zones. While sleeping on it, athletes will experience more support for their back, hips, and shoulders.
Simultaneously, the material in the head, neck, and legs segment is soft, which results in pressure relief without compromising the comfort level.
The Zoma Sports Mattress additionally includes a temporary polyfoam layer to help keep you on an even plane, alongside a steady high-thickness polyfoam base. We suggest this for couples because the froth layers assimilate development across the surface well. The mattress is quiet, so you and your accomplice won’t encounter any commotion-related rest disturbances.
The mattress has a medium (5) feel, so individuals who weigh as much as 230 pounds will likely feel more comfortable than any other mattress in this range.
This is especially good for side sleepers who need milder solace layers for even spinal arrangement; stomach sleepers and heavier individuals may find it excessively delicate and soft.
- Normal weight individuals.
- Back patients.
Not recommended For
- People who weigh more than 230 pounds.
As you will go into the market, you will notice multiple marketing phrases such as “lifetime guarantee,” “ universal comfort,” “ perfect for everyone.” Ignore these marketing hyperboles and always go for the mattress that best suits your needs.
You should always select the mattress based on your personal preferences as an athlete and factors such as mattress type, durability, firmness level, material, and how it can benefit you comparing its price.
We have mentioned some of the best mattresses for athletes after deep research. We are sure that you will find your desired mattress on this list.