A mattress topper goes over your mattress and is mainly designed with specific needs and sleeping positions in mind. They are often made with supportive fabrics and types of foam that offer additional comfort during sleep. Here we are discussing the best mattress toppers for side sleepers that enhance comfort level during sleep and eliminate hazards of side sleeping.
Mattress toppers have been proven to help with many sleeping problems and help your body get the support it needs throughout the night. They also come into play when your mattress is old and uncomfortable to sleep on, and these act as a cost-effective alternative to buying a new mattress.
They can be found in different levels of softness levels and densities, with various features such as – cooling gels to combat summer heat or textured foam to prevent bedsores. Overall, they add an extra layer of comfort to your mattress and help you deal with sleep problems with their specific features.
What is the Side Sleeping?
This is what teaches into human nature since the very beginning, maybe from childhood. One intends to sleep as per the body’s whims and wishes, the gut feeling. Side sleeping is basically of three types, and all three ways maximize the chances of building pressure points.
The possibilities can be neutralized by selecting a viable mattress topper. The side sleeping positions are:
Almost 40% of the side sleepers adopt this position; this reminds of the nine-month-long fetuses positioning in the womb. In the fetal position, the legs are tucked in while the back and knees are arched. This is considered a soothing position.
This is the second most common position that is adopted by almost 12% of the side sleepers. The pseudonym is derived from the wooden log. The body perches as straight like a log. The knees, pelvis, hips, shoulders, and head meet in a single straight line.
Five percent of the side sleepers adopt this position where the hands are extended outward, but the torso remains as straight as the crow flies. This position is also known as “Sprinter,” in which the legs’ position is changed. However, Sprinter is not a common sleeping position.
The best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers is a single solution for all above mentioned sleepers, no matter in which category you fall just buy a quality mattress topper and you are done.
Is the Side Sleeping a Bad Idea?
No, side sleeping itself is not harmful; if a viable topper is used, this position is safe and sound and considered one of the healthiest sleeping contours. We will discuss some of the good aspects of side-sleeping.
i) Fewer Aches and Back Pains:
Side sleepers perching on a quality mattress topper relieve fears of chronic spinal and body pain. The side sleeping mitigates the pressure from the spinal cord.
ii) Side Sleep 0pens Up the Airways:
This position allows the frequent ventilation of the air throughout the body. This also helps in prevention against chronic disorders i.e. acid reflux and sleep apnea.
iii) Side Sleeping is Recommended For Pregnant Mothers:
This sleeping contour is also recommended for would-be mothers. This helps in the safe and optimal growth of the child under construction.
What Qualities Must a Customized Topper for Side Sleepers Incorporate?
The topper of the side sleepers must cater to all the sleeping needs. A minor lack could prove fallacious, and the sleeper would deprive of a quiet night.
- The topper must not be too firm or soft: Side sleepers cannot sleep safely in extra firm or soft terrain. Both ways can be uncomfortable for the side sleeper owing to their unique sleeping contours. A middle way ensures safety and serenity all night long.
- Spinal alignment is a prerequisite: A good mattress topper ensures spinal alignment for side sleeps by incorporating an ergonomic design. Side sleepers build up pressure points, and the same issues can only be neutralized by bolstering the terrain beneath.
- Side sleepers are also luxury seekers: A little interruption might spoil the side sleepers’ night-party as they do not enjoy profound sleep. The bedding of the side sleeper should also be lavish and high-end. Extra plush and in-depth sinking help in ensconcing the sleeper into the silky labyrinth.
- No more bad lullabies, please: The toppers for side sleepers must be noiseless. Side sleep is prone to produce more sound owing to constant rolling. This chirping sound disturbs the slumber and leaves the sleeper in agony. A noiseless topper is the best elixir for this dilemma.
- A good topper is also a good pressure manager: The exclusive quality of the topper for side sleepers is its pressure management. The customized topper prevents building heat traps and distributes the pressure evenly throughout the body.
If you are a side sleeper, you need not change your sleeping position; the only thing you must do is select a viable topper to take the most out of side sleeping. For your convenience, we have chosen the top three king-size best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers.
The review for your kind perusal goes as: the first and the top one in our list of three recommended memory foam mattress toppers for side sleepers is Tempur-Pedic’s high-end product.
Top Rated Mattress Topper for Side Sleeper
Browsing hundreds of web pages and scrolling tens of bars eats away your precious moments; the same moments could be exploited constructively. We often do this hectic exercise to get in-depth know-how of the potential product.
What if a thoroughly researched product review comes out of thin air into your platter?
This miracle is not a leaf out of a sci-fi book, but we present an accurate analysis of the best mattress toppers for side sleepers in reality. To make the listing prominent, we have also compared the first product with the second and third runners.
Our selected product is the Sleep Innovations memory foam mattress topper. Let’s have a look at what are the qualities that made this product a super choice.
1. Sleep Innovations 4-inch Dual Layer Gel Memory Foam
- Dual-layer gel infusion – the foam mattress topper is filled with special dual swirling rotates throughout the topper and helps the mattress align with the body contours.
- Washable cover – The topper’s washable cover rejuvenates the mattress’s aesthetic look with a quick spinner.
- Aesthetic blue shades – the topper is built up in an aesthetic quality manner. The ocean blue shades relax your nerves.
One in every third sleeper is a side sleeper, and unlike the common perception, this sleeping posture is not bad at all. Nevertheless, the side-sleeping becomes an issue when not bolstered by a viable mattress topper. Sleep Innovations mattress topper incorporates the needs of side sleeps.
The topper is specially infused with a dual swirling gel that molds according to the body contours. The contouring strategy helps align the body’s pressure points, i.e., hips, pelvis, legs, and torso. The Sleep Innovations mattress topper is aesthetically built. The blue color is pleasing to the eyes and soothes the senses.
The topper is constructed ergonomically, which ensures zero slippage. The topper is eco-friendly, and this claim is corroborated by Certi-PUR certification. In short, the Sleep Innovations mattress topper is a smart choice for intelligent side sleepers.
- The topper is the best leveler for the side sleepers as it aligns the head, neck, and pelvis in a single line.
- Certi-PUR US certification ensures zero inclusion of toxic substances.
- The cooling topper moderates the body temperature during hot nights.
- The topper is not waterproof. Water may spill into the nooks and crannies of the mattress.
The invaluable price of a topper cannot be until or unless the dainty product is compared in contrast withered top-notch products. We have picked the second and third best toppers to have a comparative analysis for this very purpose. The first product we opted for an in-depth comparison is the Novilla memory foam mattress topper.
2. Novilla King Mattress Topper
Novilla memory foam mattress topper is also a recommended topper for side sleepers. Novilla also possesses the same contemporary features like cooling, pressure management, odorless, noiseless, and breathability.
The product is also a nifty choice owing to the lower price tag, but again the Sleep Solutions mattress topper has the upper hand over Novilla. The following are the aspects that perch Sleep Solutions mattress toppers in a win-win situation.
- Novilla is not an integrated topper but comprised of four isolated layers: Novilla memory foam mattress topper consists of four layers that are prone to wrangling and fraying. This twisting becomes prominent during machine washing. On the other hand, Sleep Solutions’ memory foam mattress topper is a monolith topper with a mild feeling of being neither too soft nor hard.
- Novilla is infused with the essential gel: The Sleep Solutions memory foam mattress topper is infused with a gel to entertain side sleepers’ sleeping needs, but the gel is not as efficient as Sleep Solutions’ dual swirling gel. The dual swirling gel is durable and does not fade away after prolonged use.
- Novilla’s bounce-back technology may not be suitable for arthritis: Novilla affirms its mattress toppers by incorporating bounce-back technology. This bounce-backing may rough up chronic patients. Nevertheless, this is not the case with Sleep Solutions, which is firmly built.
3. ViscoSoft 3 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Viscosoft memory foam mattress topper is a high-density memory foam mattress topper designed to rectify the wrong side sleeping body contours.
The mattress topper is infused with synthetic memory foam material to provide a deep sink. High-density memory foam mattress topper distributes the body weight evenly, ensures air ventilation, and bolsters the delicate spinal part.
Despite having all these qualities, the Viscosoft memory foam mattress topper could not retain its customer base against Sleep Solutions. The clear-cut comparison between the two brands says:
- The memory foam thickness is an ephemera: Viscosoft memory foam mattress topper ensures firmness with a dense memory foam material that is not as efficient as the swirling gel used by Sleep Solutions.
- The deep sink might land the sleeper in trouble: Viscosoft memory foam mattress topper ensures the sleeper’s plush sensation, but this sinking is not very beneficial for the side sleepers.
- Viscosoft is not a cooling mattress topper: Memory foam mattress topper gets hot on hotter nights. This is not the case with the Sleep Solutions cooling mattress topper.
This comparison must have cleared the air, as we have listed Sleep Solutions as the best mattress topper for side sleepers. It is also best mattress toppers for side sleepers when it comes to price of this mattress topper.
While other contemporary brands may come up with exciting features, some over-the-top features of Sleep Solutions bestow quality brand wings to take the highest solo flight.
4. Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3-Inch Medium Firm Mattress Topper
- The King of plush – Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress topper is made up of NASA-approved material for astronauts up in space to counter the zero-gravity problem.
- Versatile topper – the topper can be used in homes, hotels, dormitories, and during travel.
- Hypoallergenic, washable covering – it comes up with a washable cover to keep the dirt, dust, and mites away.
The first one on our list is the Tempur-Pedic mattress topper; this topper’s material is a mystery. This high-end product was initially designed for astronomers in space, and keeping in view its miraculous results, the company decided to launch commercially.
Interestingly, this Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress topper has a clean track record of aligning the side sleepers’ body contours just like it does for astronomers. Tempur-Pedic memory foam topper is equipped with excellent lavishness and soothing comfort.
- The topper ensures airflow throughout the mattress.
- it realigns the wrong alignment of the body.
- Tempur-Pedic is approved by top testing bodies like NASA and Certi-PUR US.
- When you peanuts, you get monkeys to work. The high-end product also comes with a jaw-dropping price tag.
5. LINENSPA 3 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Gel infusion : LINENSPA memory foam mattress topper is gel-infused to keep the hot sleeper cool.
- Pressure balancer : the memory foam mattress topper is specially designed with polyurethane foam beads to distribute body pressure evenly.
- Smooth surface : the topper ensures a healthy and lavish sleep thanks to its ergonomic design.
Side sleepers usually adopt the wrong body contours consciously. The gel-filled terrain beneath could prove a handy solution to this issue. LINENSPA has worked on the same principle and is doing wonders for the side sleepers.
This memory foam topper is popular among customers owing to affordability, compatibility, ergonomic designing, and extra plush. Although in terms of material and comfortability, it is no match to tempurpedic but if the first product is not available, Linenspa is the viable option.
The LINENSPA memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers is available in two different variants of two and three inches. You may choose any of these according to your profile.
- LINENSPA memory foam mattress topper ensures heavenly sleep for side sleepers.
- It is viable for hotter regions owing to its swirling gel-infused technology.
- The aesthetically built design rejuvenates the look of the old mattress.
- LINENSPA memory foam mattress topper is not machine washable, and if attempted the infused gel would be frozen.
6. Serta ThermaGel 3-in Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Therma Gel infusion – Serta memory foam mattress toppers are infused with a special thermal gel.
- Aligns with body contours automatically – the topper aligns automatically with the body contours of side and straight sleepers.
- Serta is breathable – it dissipates the body liquids and ensures the proper ventilation throughout the night.
The latest Serta mattress topper is also gel-infused to facilitate the body contours of the side sleepers. This mattress topper contrasts with the above-mentioned toppers because of gel infusion.
This one is also different from Tempurpedic and Linenspa in terms of technology. It went the extra mile by including thermal gel technology that helps in moderating mattress temperature within the body and surroundings. Also, the thermal gel behaves coldly in hotter surroundings and hot in the colder ones. This special feature is a bedding miracle.
Serta perched as the third-best memory foam mattress topper because of its breathable features. Serta toppers absorb body odors and liquids. While it also dissipates in the same vein. This best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers is our last recommendation.
- Serta mattress topper is highly recommended for side sleepers owing to the special contour alignment technique.
- The topper avoids the risk of bad breathing.
- It also helps in regulating the body temperature with that of the mattress.
- Therma gel infusion is not much durable and may be frozen in the Arctic and Scandinavian regions.
7. Perfect Cloud Gel Fusion 2-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Perfect Cloud Gel Fusion 2-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper is another unique topper for side sleepers. When you sleep, your body gets rid of the dirt and germs and even your body’s high temperature. Some people tend to heat more than others when asleep. This perfect 2-inches get-infused mattress topper helps you sleep without overheating.
The perfectly engineered memory foam also helps eliminate nervous tension that builds up after a long day or work, pulling off back or neck pain. The covering of this mattress topper is so smooth and soft that you will not need to put up a cover over it.
The perfect cloud store mattress topper is an MD topper luxury model that helps keep your body light and comfortable. It might not come in our top recommendations for best mattress toppers for side sleepers, but it worth considering. Apart from this, the mattress topper offers a 10-year guarantee and excellent customer support that you may consult for any reported issues.
8. Sealy Performance 3-Inch Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Sealy Performance 3-Inch Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper is the perfect mattress topper for all kinds of sleepers. The Gel-infused cooling technology is what keeps you warm throughout the night that allows for lower heat-retention.
It is a 3-inch memory foam material that is soft but not too weak so that you can enjoy a comfortable sleep all night. It adds flexibility to your sleep since you can easily loosen up your tight spots and unwind the nervous tension. This mattress topper comes with a fixable cover that helps keep the mattress in place on the bed all night. What’s more?
The mattress topper is washable in the machine along with your other clothing so that you can maintain cleanliness in your sleep environment. This trustworthy brand has produced reliable, lasting sleep products that are not just comfortable but also durable.
9. Classic Brands 3-Inch Cool Cloud Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Classic Brands 3-Inch Cool Cloud Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper is perfect for various mattress types from twin to the king-sized mattress. This topper comes with a free zipper mesh material that covers the mattress and keeps it in place throughout the night; you can maintain cleanliness by washing it in the machine along with the rest of your clothing.
Apart from that, the gel-infused memory foam mattress has natural anti-microbial properties that keep you away from allergens while you sleep. This mattress is specially designed to allow better ventilation that allows for better body heat regulation for hot sleepers.
The store offers an excellent delivery service for about seven days a week. The mattress topper allows you to fall fast asleep as soon as you lay on the bed with this cloud-bed feel; it is plush and super soft to keep you fall fast asleep. It is the best 3-inch extra layer of bedding that you can add.
10. Sweetnight Mattress Topper
Sweetnight Mattress Topper is yet another memory foam mattress. However, it is one of a kind because it comes with a waterproof mattress protector that will not ruin your mattress under even if you accidentally spill a coffee or water in bed.
This mattress topper is made of bamboo fiber material, which is also helpful as an extra anti-microbial layer. The four bedsheet holder straps are what keep the mattress grounded in place throughout the night. While selecting a best mattress toppers for side sleepers you might forget about egg crate design so here is one that you may like.
It is a 2-inch and gel-infused mattress topper that helps regulate body temperature. The waterproof TPU membrane offers excellent breathability and a touch of nature and immense softness to better sleep overall. The fitted sheet design adds a sense of luxury design that adds to the overall interior of your house as well. They can fit over 8-18 inches of depths.
11. WEEKENDER 2 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
WEEKENDER 2 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper is a perfect substitute for a brand-new mattress. You can lay it over your worn out and uncomfortable mattress to add a layer of comfort.
One of its best qualities is that it is breathable and adds ventilation to the mattress topper. The open-cell technology of the memory foam mattress offers increased airflow and regulates sleep temperatures so that you do not have to wake up sweating in the middle of the night.
The consistent, supportive design of the mattress is perfect for contouring to your body so that it helps relieve pressure points and helps align the spine, allowing you to wake up refreshed and ready to start the day. The high-quality foam is backed by a 3-year warranty and active customer support so that you can consult your concerns to a professional at all times.
12. Best Price Mattress 4inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Best Price Mattress 4inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper is a 100% pure polyester material perfect for a comfortable mattress topper material. This mattress adds to the comfort of your body with the body-conforming memory foam material.
When you lay on the mattress topper, it adapts to your body’s shape to provide therapeutic relief and ease up pressure points overnight. The responsive active suspension material helps you sleep peacefully without disturbing your partner or being disturbed if your partner moves a lot in their sleep.
It is a straightforward design that comes with a durable cover, we like its cover most and hence we decide to list it here in best mattress toppers for side sleepers. The mattress topper will be covered with a polyester mesh zipper that helps keep the mattress topper in place throughout the night. It is protected with a 5-year warranty is further proof of the high-quality of this mattress topper material.
13 . Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3-Inch Medium Firm Mattress Topper
Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3-Inch Medium Firm Mattress Topper is a medium-soft memory foam mattress topper. This mattress is a specialized design because it is designed with the perfect pressure-relief system designed to provide extra relief to your body. Your mattress topper will adjust to the contours of your body to provide better sleep comfortability. It is the perfect 3-inch mattress topper.
This unique mattress offers customized support and comfort to your bed; it adjusts to your body’s temperature, weight, and body shape for precise comfort. It is a durable mattress topper. It’s perfect for adding long term comfort to your bedding. It is a one-of-a-kind mattress provides ultimate in-depth sleep protection with its enhanced comfort features. It is ideal for all types of sleepers.
Things to Consider While Buying a Mattress Topper for Side Sleepers
We advise not to buy randomly because you need a specific product which is designed for side sleepers. Here we discuss few features that are worth of considering:
i) Topper Material
You can get a topper with the materials that complement the climate of your country. If your body often heats up during sleep and you wake up in a sweat, then you can look for gel-infused memory foam as it has cooling properties.
You can also get a topper with pure memory foam or even wool if you live in a relatively cold region. The material is an essential consideration as it will also guide how much cushioning and support your body gets. If you want a lot of cushioning, you should go with a feather-filled or latex topper as they provide a softer surface.
It would help if you tried to find a mattress with a thickness of at least 3-4 inches. An extra level of sturdiness and depth is needed when it comes to sleeping on your side.
Your body weight is less balanced out throughout the surface. The additional level of thickness will ensure that the topper can endure excess pressure and bodyweight.
iii) Quality and Durability
Sleeping on your side means additional damage to your mattress and even mattress topper. Any surface is bound to become more damaged and worn out quickly with time if you are a side sleeper.
For this purpose, you should look for a mattress topper that can endure the long-term impacts of your sleeping position. Getting a mattress with a good density and firmness level will ensure that it remains in good condition even after years of usage.
iv) Suitability to Your Mattress
Mattress toppers come in many sizes, including King, Queen, and Single sheet sizes. You want to get one that will perfectly fit your mattress’s size and will not move out of place again and again.
Getting one with adequate placement mechanisms such as elastic bands that restrict movement can also be a good idea. Getting a mattress topper that is not the right fit for your mattress is a wrong choice. It will be more uncomfortable than an old, worn-out mattress.
We advise you to consider all of above listed features even when you are buying a mattress topper from a physical store and it will help you to opt for best mattress toppers for side sleepers.
Why is a Mattress Topper a Right Choice for Side Sleepers?
- Pressure-relief — Side sleepers exert most of their body weight on just one side only, making the part at the downside go numb. This cannot be very pleasant during sleep. Mattress toppers help because they can be found in a lot of thickness levels. A 3-4 inches topper will ensure you have an extra level of cushioning when you sleep on one side.
- Healthier sleep posture — The surface of your mattress can be very unforgiving to your body. It might be too firm or soft to give the right level of support and contouring that you need. Mattress toppers are more accommodating. They will quickly adjust and contour to your side curves while you sleep. This means they support your body instead of getting indentations. The right level of support and firmness will ensure that you don’t sink your body in too much to just one side of the mattress.
- Better air circulation — Side sleepers also end up exerting a lot more pressure on the mattress and descend into it more than other people. This means there will be more sweating, and you will often wake up hot. When you sleep on one side, you can accumulate a lot of sweat underneath your body. This will make you uncomfortable during sleep and can cause restlessness. Because many mattress toppers have a more breathable, textured, and ventilated foam, which enhances airflow, you will rarely feel any sweat or heat while you sleep.
- Combat Uneven surface — Mattress toppers also have pressure-absorbing properties. This means that they do not get indentations because of excessive weight pressure from the body compared to mattresses. Your mattress often gets damaged and becomes uneven on the side you put more pressure on. Mattress toppers minimize this. They do not easily retain the pressure and ensure that you get an even surface to sleep on in the long-run.
In case your want a solution against all of above listed issues then a best mattress toppers for side sleepers is the only solution, it also add comfort when you existing mattress is deteriorated.
Benefits of Mattress toppers
- A cost-effective alternative — Your old mattress can wear out with time and make it uncomfortable to sleep on. Mattress toppers cost only a small fraction of a new mattress while offering the comfort that you need, and they serve as a great alternative to buying a new mattress that can be really expensive and put a strain on your budget.
- Damage protection — Mattress toppers lay atop your mattress, which helps with spring protection and ensures that your mattress has to endure the least pressure and weight. This helps protect your mattress from excessive wear and tear and hence increases your mattress’s longevity and durability.
- An extra layer of personalization — It is effortless to find a topper with the foam that suits the exact level of support and density you need. Whether you need a mattress topper with cooling gel, back-support, and an egg-crate texture, it is equally comfortable to find either one.
What Disorders Could Arise if a Viable Mattress Topper is not Used for Side Sleeping?
To keep this healthy sleeping contour healthy. One needs to select a viable topper lest this blessing be turned into a whammy. Some of the possible disorders could be;
Fast forward to facial life
The title seems bizarre but is validated by the Japanese Institute of Dermatology. Side sleepers are prone to developing wrinkles owing to accumulating pressure on one side of the body. This problem can be managed by selecting the best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers.
Sagging of the breast is common
Side sleeping women may experience the saggy breast after a long spell of side sleeping on uncomfortable terrain. The ergonomically designed mattress topper may be helpful in this regard.
Shortage of Oxygen
Side sleepers may also run out of breath. This happens when the pressure point becomes the lung, and the sleeper feels a suffocating sensation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the mattress topper provides a standard guard against excessive slip.
Yes, the gel-infused Sleep Innovations memory foam mattress topper signs with the body contours and provides you with soothing healing.