One in every three sleepers is a side sleeper. This position is a natural and recommended way of sleeping. Unique sleep contours also have special needs to cater to. As side sleepers leverage the pressure points of the body. The shoulders, hips, and torso come under a moderate pressure of the body. This is the reason today we are discussing the best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers and we also list our recommendations at the top.
According to the simple law of gravity, the bodyweight concentrates on the above mentioned critical points. This special alignment requires a customized sleeping surface, i.e., a viable topper for side sleepers. We evaluate a few of memory foam mattress toppers and list the only best memory foam mattress toppers for side sleepers.
1.Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3-Inch Medium Firm Mattress Topper
- The King of plush – Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress topper is made up of NASA-approved material for astronauts up in space to counter the zero-gravity problem.
- Versatile topper – the topper can be used in homes, hotels, dormitories, and during travel.
- Hypoallergenic, washable covering – it comes up with a washable cover to keep the dirt, dust, and mites away.
The first one on our list is the Tempur-Pedic mattress topper; this topper’s material is a mystery. This high-end product was initially designed for astronomers in space, and keeping in view its miraculous results, the company decided to launch commercially.
Interestingly, this Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress topper has a clean track record of aligning the side sleepers’ body contours just like it does for astronomers. Tempur-Pedic memory foam topper is equipped with excellent lavishness and soothing comfort.
It is one of the best best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers.
- The topper ensures airflow throughout the mattress.
- It realigns the wrong alignment of the body.
- Tempur-Pedic is approved by top testing bodies like NASA and Certi-PUR US.
- When you peanuts, you get monkeys to work. The high-end product also comes with a jaw-dropping price tag.
2. LINENSPA 3 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Gel infusion – LINENSPA memory foam mattress topper is gel-infused to keep the hot sleeper cool.
- Pressure balancer – the memory foam mattress topper is specially designed with polyurethane foam beads to distribute body pressure evenly.
- Smooth surface – the topper ensures a healthy and lavish sleep thanks to its ergonomic design.
Side sleepers usually adopt the wrong body contours consciously. The gel-filled terrain beneath could prove a handy solution to this issue. LINENSPA has worked on the same principle and is doing wonders for the side sleepers.
This memory foam topper is popular among customers owing to affordability, compatibility, ergonomic designing, and extra plush. Although in terms of material and comfortability, it is no match to tempurpedic but if the first product is not available, Linenspa is the viable option.
The LINENSPA memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers is available in two different variants of two and three inches. You may choose any of these according to your profile.
- LINENSPA memory foam mattress topper ensures heavenly sleep for side sleepers.
- It is viable for hotter regions owing to its swirling gel-infused technology.
- The aesthetically built design rejuvenates the look of the old mattress.
- LINENSPA memory foam mattress topper is not machine washable, and if attempted the infused gel would be frozen.
3. Serta ThermaGel 3-in Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Therma Gel infusion – Serta memory foam mattress toppers are infused with a special thermal gel.
- Aligns with body contours automatically – the topper aligns automatically with the body contours of side and straight sleepers.
- Serta is breathable – it dissipates the body liquids and ensures the proper ventilation throughout the night.
The latest Serta mattress topper is also gel-infused to facilitate the body contours of the side sleepers. This mattress topper contrasts with the above-mentioned toppers because of gel infusion.
This one is also different from Tempurpedic and Linenspa in terms of technology. It went the extra mile by including thermal gel technology that helps in moderating mattress temperature within the body and surroundings. Also, the thermal gel behaves coldly in hotter surroundings and hot in the colder ones. This special feature is a bedding miracle.
Serta perched as the third-best memory foam mattress topper because of its breathable features. Serta toppers absorb body odors and liquids. While it also dissipates in the same vein. This best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers is our last recommendation.
- Serta mattress topper is highly recommended for the side sleepers owing to the special contour alignment technique.
- The topper avoids the risk of bad breathing.
- It also helps in regulating the body temperature with that of the mattress.
- Therma gel infusion is not much durable and may be frozen in the Arctic and Scandinavian regions.
What Persuaded the Reviewer to Place Tempur-Pedic at Number One?
The analysis cannot be carried out on arbitrary whims nor is it a venue of leveling personal vendetta. The sole purpose is to facilitate the esteemed customer to go for a cost-effective choice.
While searching the domain of mattress toppers for a side sleeper, the Tempur-Pedic mattress topper won the race by a clear margin owing to extra plush, quality Tempur material, and life-long durability.
Like other toppers for side sleepers, this topper also caters to the need for body alignment.
What is the Side Sleeping?
This is what teaches into human nature since the very beginning, maybe from childhood. One intends to sleep as per the body’s whims and wishes, the gut feeling. Side sleeping is basically of three types, and all three ways maximize the chances of building pressure points.
The possibilities can be neutralized by selecting a viable mattress topper. The side sleeping positions are:
Almost 40% of the side sleepers adopt this position; this reminds of the nine-month-long fetuses positioning in the womb.
In the fetal position, the legs are tucked in while the back and knees are arched. This is considered a soothing position.
This is the second most common position that is adopted by almost 12% of the side sleepers. The pseudonym is derived from the wooden log. The body perches as straight like a log.
The knees, pelvis, hips, shoulders, and head meet in a single straight line.
Five percent of the side sleepers adopt this position where the hands are extended outward, but the torso remains as straight as the crow flies.
This position is also known as “Sprinter,” in which the legs’ position is changed. However, Sprinter is not a common sleeping position.
The best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers is a single solution for all above mentioned sleepers, no matter in which category you fall just buy a quality mattress topper and you are done.
Is the Side Sleeping a bad idea?
No, side sleeping itself is not harmful; if a viable topper is used, this position is safe and sound and considered one of the healthiest sleeping contours. We will discuss some of the good aspects of side-sleeping.
1. Fewer aches and back pains
Side sleepers perching on a quality mattress topper relieve fears of chronic spinal and body pain. The side sleeping mitigates the pressure from the spinal cord.
2. Side sleep opens up the airways
This position allows the frequent ventilation of the air throughout the body. This also helps in prevention against chronic disorders i.e. acid reflux and sleep apnea.
3. Side sleeping is recommended for pregnant mothers
This sleeping contour is also recommended for would-be mothers. This helps in the safe and optimal growth of the child under construction.
What Disorders Could Arise if a Viable Mattress Topper is not Used for Side Sleeping?
To keep this healthy sleeping contour healthy. One needs to select a viable topper lest this blessing be turned into a whammy. Some of the possible disorders could be;
Fast forward to facial life
The title seems bizarre but is validated by the Japanese Institute of Dermatology. Side sleepers are prone to developing wrinkles owing to accumulating pressure on one side of the body. This problem can be managed by selecting the best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers.
Sagging of the breast is common
Side sleeping women may experience the saggy breast after a long spell of side sleeping on uncomfortable terrain.
The ergonomically designed mattress topper may be helpful in this regard.
Shortage of Oxygen
Side sleepers may also run out of breath. This happens when the pressure point becomes the lung, and the sleeper feels a suffocating sensation.
What Qualities Must a Customized Topper for Side Sleepers Incorporate?
The topper of the side sleepers must cater to all the sleeping needs. A minor lack could prove fallacious, and the sleeper would deprive of a quiet night.
- The topper must not be too firm or soft: Side sleepers cannot sleep safely in extra firm or soft terrain. Both ways can be uncomfortable for the side sleeper owing to their unique sleeping contours. A middle way ensures safety and serenity all night long.
- Spinal alignment is a prerequisite: A good mattress topper ensures spinal alignment for side sleeps by incorporating an ergonomic design. Side sleepers build up pressure points, and the same issues can only be neutralized by bolstering the terrain beneath.
- Side sleepers are also luxury seekers: A little interruption might spoil the side sleepers’ night-party as they do not enjoy profound sleep. The bedding of the side sleeper should also be lavish and high-end. Extra plush and in-depth sinking help in ensconcing the sleeper into the silky labyrinth.
- No more bad lullabies, please: The toppers for side sleepers must be noiseless. Side sleep is prone to produce more sound owing to constant rolling. This chirping sound disturbs the slumber and leaves the sleeper in agony. A noiseless topper is the best elixir for this dilemma.
- A good topper is also a good pressure manager: The exclusive quality of the topper for side sleepers is its pressure management. The customized topper prevents building heat traps and distributes the pressure evenly throughout the body.
If you are a side sleeper, you need not change your sleeping position; the only thing you must do is select a viable topper to take the most out of side sleeping. For your convenience, we have chosen the top three king-size best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers.
The review for your kind perusal goes as: the first and the top one in our list of three recommended memory foam mattress toppers for side sleepers is Tempur-Pedic’s high-end product.
Frequently Asked Questions
The topper itself is not washable but the cover can be washed and used again.
The big names like NASA and CertiPUR-US back the commercial launch of Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress topper and the same bodies declare Tempur an eco-friendly and non-hazardous product.
Yes, this LINENSPA mattress topper is equally beneficial for all, including side sleeping, sleeping contours.
Yes, this LINENSPA mattress topper is equally beneficial for all, including side sleeping, sleeping contours.
Serta memory foam mattress is not a medical-grade product nor does it cure chronic ills. However, it may be used as a general-purpose topper there.
The three selected state-of-the-art products are placed in descending order, the first product is the top choice but you may also go for second and third owing to personal reasons.
Hopefully our efforts will help to make your mind about and choose a best memory foam mattress topper for side sleepers.
Our assurance is of a nifty and dainty pick for your side sleeping needs. Keep sleeping side by side with the selected toppers.