Extra-firm mattress toppers are a typical kind of topper but with an iron-strong clasp on the mattress. They are designed to provide spinally and sleep positional contour support to the sleeper. Extra firm mattress toppers are made of latex, memory foam, polyfoam, and in rare cases, cotton. Here we discuss what benefits you can get from an extra firm mattress topper for back pain and listed the best ones.
As depicted by the name, the extras firm mattress toppers provide therapeutic relief to hot sleepers. These toppers are highly recommended by physicians to counter spinal cord and joint injuries. The topper also stays away from the pressure or bed sores of bedridden patients. This protective layer helps in extending the life of the mattress and making the mattress spill-free
These toppers are trendy among denizens owing to their uniqueness, ergonomic design, and pressure relief. The use of firm-sized mattress toppers has raised this manifold since the early 2000s. What are some of the reasons which make it such a super comfy choice? Let’s delve into it.
Do Extra Firm Mattress Toppers for Back Pain Really Works
A strong grip on the mattress prevents the wiggle and jiggle
Extra firm mattress toppers are designed in a unique manner to ensure extra grip on the mattress. It does not allow wiggling and jiggling during sleep. Shaking the topper is anathema for chronic spinal patients, so chronic patients are advised to sleep on the earth or wood terrain.
The latter terrains are terrible for luxury-seekers. These toppers have ended this long-awaited problem and have introduced a comfy solution for your uninterrupted sleep.
i) Ergonomic design supports the spine
Extra firm mattress toppers are made under the science of ergonomics. It helps in the optimal serenity and caring during the most beautiful aspect of life – sleep.
ii) Sleeping positional contours are delicately designed
The toppers have set down strict rules for catering to sleeping positional needs. It even provides support to the whole body from head to toe. A comfortable sleeping posture gives relief to the back pain and all the concomitant worries.
iii) Extra-firm mattress topper extends therapeutic relief
This is the basic feature of an extra firm mattress topper that is envisaged by the designers. The topper is reported to have resuscitated the spinal and joint pains naturally and is seeking external medical assistance. The topper relieves the basic level alignment problems in an efficient way.
1. Novilla 4 Inch Foam Mattress Topper
- Bamboo charcoal infusion — Novilla extra firm mattress toppers are infused with bamboo charcoal. The bamboo charcoal has an efficient feature of relieving pressure and providing even support from head to toe.
- CertiPUR-US and OEKO certification — This mattress topper is briefly certified by testing bodies CertiPUR-US and OEKO. Both independent testing bodies ensure the non-inclusion of any harmful chemical substances. This is a safer brand among inorganic manufacturers.
- Four-inch high-density memory foam — it includes a thick but cozy memory foam layer; perching on this super comfy terrain may give you an over the moon feeling.
Novilla’s extra firm mattress topper is a therapeutic formula for chronic spinal patients. It helps in aligning the body curves. A major dilemma with sleepers is wrong posturing during slumber. Novilla has mitigated this problem by customizing the design with the help of charcoal infusion.
Charcoal rings the alarm bells for conscious customers. But Novilla shuns out the radiation fear by being certified by not one but two independent testing agencies.
This is not just a therapeutic topper but also extends a sumptuous perch with memory infusion foam. A memory foam infusion adorns the topper with heavenly comfort.
- Novilla mattress toppers are a therapeutic formula for chronic pain and aches. It also lessens back, spinal, and stomach pains.
- Despite the thickness, the mattress toppers are breathable and sweat enduring. The impeccable design helps in alleviating the heat traps, and you would not suffocate. No matter how hot the sleeper you are.
- The topper is designed with non-slip particles, which help in attaining a grip harder than iron.
- Most recommended extra firm mattress topper for back pain.
Our Recent Latest Posts
- Tempur Protect Mattress Protector the Ultimate Choice
- AllerEase Mattress Protector Reviews
- 5 Best Mattress for Guest Room
- 3 Best Mattresses for Platform Beds
- 3 Best Mattress for Snoring in 2021
2. LINENSPA 3 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Pressure-relieving memory foam — Linenspa’s extra firm mattress topper is made up of pressure-relieving memory foam to bestow an even luxurious relief on the whole body.
- Temperature maintenance gel — The memory foam topper is infused with floating gel to regulate the mattress temperature. It also maintains an equilibrium between the body and the mattress’s heat. This ensures a serene sleep.
- Ultra-plush — it is embedded with dual ultra-plush layers. This super comfy feeling enhances a serene slumber all night long.
The pressure-relieving Linenspa mattress topper is infused with thick memory foam layers. The layers maintain body temperature and soothe chronic illnesses. This topper is highly recommended for bedridden patients to keep bed sores at bay.
Extra plush is the dream of every hot sleeper. The soft and cozy terrain helps in alleviating the tiredness of all the day’s hectic schedule. Linenspa extends this luxury to its invaluable customers.
Linenpa spacious topper is the foremost customer choice as a dainty, nifty, therapeutic, economical, and over the top high-end product. It material and comfort helps it to become a best rated extra firm mattress topper for back pain.
- Linenspa mattress topper is a therapeutic formula to relieve all chronic back and spinal pain with state-of-the-art alignment technology.
- The mattress topper is also a coolant formula to keep body temperatures regulated.
- It provides spacious terrain to perch like a royal king.
3. Sweetnight King Size 3 Inch Mattress Topper
- Relief pressure points — Sweetnight’s extra firm mattress topper relieves body pressure points with a novice ergonomically designed egg-crate pattern. The egg-crate pattern is a time-tested formula to thwart chronic back and spinal pain.
- Waterproof TPU membrane — The mattress topper is embedded with a waterproof TPU membrane. This coating helps in the longevity of the mattress.
- Noiseless mattress protector — it is protected with noiseless lamination. This silent feature gives you a serene life.
Mattress toppers are available in a variety of features. Each design has its own attached benefits. At the same time, the egg crate design is specifically recommended for spinal and back pain. Sweetnight comes up with its unique egg-crate design. This egg-crate design is therapeutic and has waterproof TPU and noiseless features for a usual serene sleep.
The hypoallergenic feature stands Seeetnights out of contemporary brands. You need not think about health worries during this pandemic era. Seeetnights is safer to use and deserves to be recommended to your loved ones suffering from body alignment misery.
Don’t let them drag this torturous exercise of sleeping on wood and rock for long. It’s and ideal egg crate extra firm mattress topper for back pain.
- The revolutionary design of the Sweetnight mattress topper rejuvenates the old lethargic mattress.
- The adjustable sheet holder straps help in clasping the mattress firmly.
- The bamboo charcoal foam absorbs moisture and kills bacteria.
4. Sleep Innovations 4-inch Dual Layer Gel Memory Foam Enhanced Support
- King Size Mattress Topper — This 4- inch mattress topper has a dual layer of gel memory foam.
- Washable — This King-sized mattress topper is washable and also dryable.
- More Comfortable — It comes with a two-inch layer of gel memory foam and two-inch quilted fiberfill, making it more comfortable.
The Sleep Innovations Dual Layer 4 inch Gel Memory Foam topper includes two layers of material designed to keep you cool and comfortable. You will stay cool as a result of the cooling gel-infused from the foam to keep the heat at bay.
Though slightly more costly than rivals, this topper stays in an inexpensive selection. These firm mattress toppers for back pain are designed to serve for longer time.
A good extra firm mattress topper is fundamental to getting a good night’s sleep. Sleep Innovations’ Gel Memory Foam 4-inch Double Layer Topper makes users feel totally rejuvenated after coping with hard or lumpy mattresses.
To conform to sleeper bodies and relieve discomfort, sleep innovations, toppers are priced low and backed with a 10-year guarantee.
- You will get an extra life span of this product.
- The mattress topper is extremely comfortable.
5. LUCID 4 Inch Foam Mattress Topper
- Luxurious — This 40inch mattress topper provides the highest degree of luxurious comfort to your back pain.
- Thin Topper — A thicker topper shall result in a deep sink that may cradle your body more than a thin topper.
- Warranty — It has a three-year official warranty.
The Lucid Memory Foam Mattress Topper is a great value. It provides a memory foam feel plus a few additional pressure reliefs for a low price.
One of the main reasons people buy a mattress topper would be to include some softness into the mattress. To try out the softness of this, Lucid put it onto a firmer mattress. With no Lucid at the top, this mattress feels near an 8/10 with regard to stability.
Together with Lucid, the mattress feels nearer to some 7/10. It is an extremely comfortable choice for back pain and is likely to serve you for years to come.
- Much more comfortable than the other mattress pads.
- It comes with a three-year warranty.
6. Best Price Mattress 4″ Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Washable — The topper is hand washable as well as machine washable.
- Certification — It is certified from CertiPUR-US.
- Warranty — This includes five years plus an official warranty.
There is no need to throw the entire thing out and start around by shelling out cash for a brand-new bed, not if you will find affordable toppers to be needed.
The company believes everyone deserves a great night’s rest. The company was formed to create affordable products that could improve anybody’s sleep quality. That is why they concentrate on building comfy toppers at pre-determined cost points.
This mattress topper is designed to perfectly contour the sleeper’s curves, even as they switch their positions during the evening. You can use these firm mattress toppers for back pain on any mattress. This is even meant to promote weight reduction and decrease stress build-up as body components push in the mattress’s surface.
This 4-inch topper contains 1.5-inches pieces of memory foam, designed to offer pressure relief and even weight distribution, using a 2.5-inch high-density foam foundation. The cover is constructed from the polyester net and can be taken out using a zipper for easier place cleaning.
Green tea was infused into the foam, and this is supposed to bring a scent that reduces tension and promotes a more healthy smelling sleep encounter.
- It is hand washable.
- It contains the green tea scent that will make you feel relaxed.
7. Perfect Cloud Gel Fusion 2-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Gel Fusion — This mattress topper is induced with Gel Care Technology just to ensure that you may sleep comfortably.
- Weightless — You will get a weightless sleep experience.
- Warranty — It comes with a 10 year-long warranty.
We really enjoy the cooling effect of the gel memory foam mattress toppers and this one is too good for words. It looks stunning, also, with a specialization knit cover. That is a real plus, which makes this topper twice as part of your decoration.
The gel-infused memory foam topper let’s almost any sleeping position feel comfortable. It adjusts marginally to your shape whilst encouraging sensitive pressure points.
- It has an easy price point.
- It has a great 10-year warranty.
- A premium extra firm mattress topper for back pain
8. Best Extra Firm Mattress Topper for Back Pain
- Microfiber — With microfiber fill this mattress topper becomes breathable.
- Construction — It comes in a box-like design.
- Hypo allergy — It has an anti-allergic coating which leaves you worry-free of any allergic condition.
Does your sleep gets disturbed due to your lower back pain? And because of this, you cannot be even able to fall asleep for the upcoming several hours.
Unfortunately, these kinds of pains have gotten so prevalent today, and people will embrace taking “Medications” all of the time to decrease the sensation of back and spine pain.
You may experience awesome sleep time each night using a Cheer Collection cloud-like mattress topper. This Extra Plush Luxurious Memory Foam Mattress Topper provides an outstanding experience for an adequate night’s sleep.
A top quality mattress topper works magically for people with back pain who were still experiencing aches and back pain. This will supply you with a sense of sleep in the clouds and also decent cushioning backbone support too.
It is also going to include extra softness and fluffy feeling so you are able to alleviate all of your pressure points and linking regions pains of the human body.
- Top quality microfiber filling mattress pad.
- This mattress gives you better back support.
9. DreamFoam 2″ Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper
The first dainty topper is the DreamFoam mattress topper. The product’s specialty is gel swirl technology; the gel swirls around the pad to provide even more relief from head to toe. This mattress topper is highly recommended for chronic back pain patients. The swirling gel aligns with the body contours and takes the body high up to utopia.
This USA made product is infused with a two-inch deep gel layer that is comfortable enough for a bulky body. The gel also keeps body temperature moderate and maintains the regular flow of air. The continuing memory foam mattress topper is also CertiPUR certified, assuring the non-inclusion of any harmful material during manufacturing.
The healing product claims to be pure of ozone depleters, TDCPP flame retardants, mercury, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalate. The back pain-specific topper is regulated by the U.S. Home Safety Commission of the USA. DreamFoam has a proven record of thwarting the risk of lower back pain and healing a bevy of initial level patients.
10. Sweetnight Mattress Topper King Size with Waterproof Mattress Protector
The second on our list is the Sweetnight mattress topper. Why? Let us explain. Have you ever seen a weird design of an egg crate on the mattresses, and you must have been wondering how a crispy curvy design could help you in a serene sleep? The reality is upright opposite to your imaginations. The egg crate mattress topper design is not only comfortable but also magically healing.
The sweet night mattress topper is designed in an egg crate manner to bolster the lower back. The lower back is the most delicate joint, so it needs extra care. Sweetnight redeems this fault line and provides consistent support with a plush memory foam mattress layer.
Sweetnight memory topper is waterproof, thick, and hypoallergenic. The double fixation mode installs it firmly on the mattress. Sweetnight has all the requisite features to ward off menacing lower back pain.
11. LUCID 3-inch Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
The LUCID three-inch gel memory foam mattress topper is a state-of-the-art edition against lower back pain. Gel infusion is highly desirable in aligning the body curves and contours. The gel fits up with the body and provides soothing therapy. The LUCID mattress topper also helps in keeping the body cool and vibrant.
LUCID memory foam mattress topper is available in four variants of gel: memory foam, lavender, and bamboo infusion. All these infusions’ ultimate goal is to provide you a serene sleep without the fear of nocturnal lower back pain.
The LUCID mattress topper has been a top seller since its inception and has been broadening its customer base with every passing day. Hence, LUCID could be a befitting choice for your aesthetic, medical, and luxury needs.
What is Lower Back Pain?
Our lower backbone is a unique combination of nerves, joints, ligaments, interconnecting muscles, and small bones. This superstructure supports the whole weight of the upper body. The lower back joint helps in flexing, bending, and walking. As much as its work is, the more this spine becomes.
A little tweaking into normal motor movement could land you with an incessant backbone ache. The lower back pain’s major cause is the wrong sleeping contours or sleeping on too soft or too rigid a surface. A small dereliction of nature can devastate spinal support, and the affected have to bear stark stinging pain running from head to toe.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Every effect has an underlying cause, and the same is the case of tortuous lower back pain. This is not a sort of God’s wrath or something coming out of the blue. The causes of lower back pain can be identified as:
i) Wrong Sleeping Choice
According to the American Health Association, the major cause of the severe backbone problem is wrong sleeping choices; it could be the unnatural contours, lying on bad terrain, or bed injuries. When you sleep, the backbone is flatly exposed to the surface beneath, and if the surface is not comfortable enough, then there are likely chances of being caught up by lower back pain.
ii) Bad Posture
Imperfect sitting, standing, and lying postures could result in the displacement of the backbone discs. The discs are embedded with a gel-like liquid that acts as a barrier. When you bend your upper body beyond permitted limits, the backbone is likely to hurt. A detailed guide to recommended body postures is available online. Meanwhile, as you are unconscious during sleep, a good mattress choice can automatically adjust your body contours.
iii) Sedentary Lifestyle
Your lower body ligaments require proper grooming by daily flexing and stretching. A sedentary lifestyle can shove your delicate body into the throes of back pain. A Japanese study revealed that 65% of chronic lower back pain patients contain ministerial staff. This study corroborates the linkage between an inactive lifestyle with lower back pain.
iv) Accidental injuries
Concussions to the spinal tissue can result in lower back pain. Muscle inflammation is stark and unbearable as our backbone is wrapped up in wispy, thinner veins directly connected to the brain. And in the case of spinal injury, the brain can be confused in signal detection, hence rendering the whole body’s whole function idle with a pinch of sharp pain. In the worst-case scenario of disc breakage, the body gets paralyzed.
How Can a Mattress Topper Soothe Lower Back Pain?
You must have heard a cliché; “Oh, your back is hurting. Do change your topper!” This advice is not ungrounded as the main reason for hurting back is a bad sleeping surface. Still, it would help if you did not need only swap mattresses with any Tom Dick or Harry but with an excellent back support brand.
Nonetheless, changing the whole mattress could eat up a considerable portion of your budget. A cost-effective solution is opting for a supportive topper for your lower back pain. A reliable health-grade topper that perches on the mattress can help you in several ways in mitigating lower back pain. Some of the popular ways are:
i) Mattress Toppers Align the Body Contours Naturally
If a human is a vehicle, then alignment is the key. A good topper aligns our body up to optimal safer levels. Your body remains in an even position, and the pressure relieves the pressure points. This soothing effect is the key feature behind the success of topper against lower back pain.
ii) Toppers Moderate the Firmness-Softness Equilibrium
Extra firmness and softness both are anathemas for our backbone. It requires a moderate approach to function perfectly. We, humans, ere to err. Cutting edge technology has figured out this riddle, and state-of-the-art mattress toppers provide you with a typical ideal layer to perch upon.
iii) Toppers Prevent Injuries During Slumber
Surfaces can be more dangerous than vipers, the former stings you unguarded, and you bear the ramifications of everything in your coming life. Hard surfaces can break down the surrounding muscles of your spine and cause inflammation of the disc breakage. Toppers add a preventive layer onto the mattresses and bestow extra comfy relief.
iv) Topper Releases Body Pressure
Medically-grade toppers are specially designed to cater to the pressure problem. The mattress toppers do not allow the pressure to accumulate at one point and distribute it evenly. This phenomenon is both good for the mattress and the sleeper.
v) It has a Soothing Effect on the Inflamed Muscles
Unfortunately, if you are caught up in a nasty lower backline problem, the topper can heal pain by providing a consistent soothing warmth to the wounded tissue. Upon reception of the heat intensity, the muscles heal more quickly than quicker.
vi) Toppers Prevent Slipping or Simply Saying Prevent Catastrophes:
What could be more terrifying than a backbone broken after a short slip from the bed? According to WHO’s home accidents list, this is not an excerpt out of bedtime stories but realities of real life. Bed ranks 4th. A mattress can be changed to bad by one quick slip. Good toppers are featured with the anti-slip feature, thanks to the ergonomic design.
We have almost done with a quick defense of toppers against the horrific lower back pain. Let us delve into the market segment and pick some dainty products to be reviewed with a medical lens.
If you are looking for a handy and economical product that alleviates, or mitigates in the first place, spinal and back issues while not compromising sleep quality. You are advised to test a wide range of extra firm mattress toppers. Toppers are easy to apply on your existing mattress pads and the results are encouraging.
We hope that your our guide will help you in your decision making process regarding extra firm mattress topper for back pain.
Now that we have reviewed some of the best for you. Why don’t you go ahead and make a choice?