The mattress cover is a protective sheet for your mattress, and it is a sure thing to have. When there is an accidental spill on the mattress cover, what should be the proper option?
Today we are going to talk about some of the methods to remove stains from mattress cover.
The Mixture of Baking Soda and Soap
Baking soda has all the necessary ingredients to remove stains from the mattress cover properly. When you see that there is urine, perspiration, or gravy on a mattress cover, follow it to remove the spots.
- Take a small bowl and in it mix baking soda with the kitchen sop.
- Stir the mixture until everything is flat.
- Strip your mattress cover from a bedsheet, and then apply this mixture to the spots.
- It is best if you leave the mixture on spots for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the time is up, clean the stains with warm water and a piece of cloth.
- The stains will go but if they are still there, leave the mixture on the stains overnight for better results.
Make use of vinegar and baking soda
This very method is for all such stains that are too stubborn for simple baking soda. Make sure you have a bottle of vinegar with you when you start applying this solution on the mattress cover.
- Dip the stain with vinegar after stripping your mattress cover from a bedsheet.
- Make sure that the vinegar is all over the stain.
- Leave the spot for a few minutes.
- After 15 minutes, make sure that you apply baking soda to the same stain.
- Because of its characteristics, after the application of baking soda, the stain will start bubbling.
- When the bubbling stops, make sure you clean the stain with a clean cloth.
- In case there is moisture on the spot, leave it to dry.
- This method is perfect for such spills that are too stubborn.
Wash the Mattress Cover
There will be times when nothing will wash or clean the stains or spots on a mattress cover. In such situations, it is best if you wash your mattress cover. Here is what you need to do.
- Make sure you strip your mattress cover from all the decorations and bedsheets.
- Strip your mattress from a mattress cover and then gently put the mattress cover in a machine.
- You must know that a mattress cover can be washed in a machine and there is no harm in it.
- Put some detergent or soap in the machine and then run a gentle cycle.
- Make sure that the cycle is not too hard on the mattress cover, or it will tear.
- 2 to 3 gentle cycles are enough to wash the mattress cover properly.
- Please add some baking soda to the machine at the time of washing.
- Once the cycle is complete, air dry your mattress cover, and that’s it.
Follow these amazing methods to remove the stains from your mattress cover. They all will work under different scenarios.
In case you want to know in-depth about the mattress covers, which materials are used in their construction, and how they are made, then consider reading out the guide “What is Mattress Cover.“