The mattress cover is a protective sheet for your mattress and it is a sure thing to have. In a situation where there is an accidental spill on the mattress cover what should be the proper option?
Today we are going to talk about some of the methods to remove stains from mattress cover.
The Mixture of Baking Soda and Soap
Baking soda has all the necessary ingredients to remove stains from mattress cover properly. When you see that there is urine, perspiration or gravy on a mattress cover then follow this method to remove the spots.
- Take a small bowl and in it mix baking soda with the kitchen sop.
- Stir the mixture until everything is flat.
- Strip your mattress cover from a bed sheet and then apply this mixture on the spots.
- It is best if you leave the mixture on spots for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the time is up clean the stains with warm water and a piece of cloth.
- The stains will go but if they are still there leave the mixture on the stains overnight for better results.
Make use of vinegar and baking soda
This very method is for all such stains that are too stubborn for simple baking soda. Make sure you have a bottle of vinegar with you when you start applying this solution on the mattress cover.
- Dip the stain with vinegar after stripping your mattress cover from a bedsheet.
- Make sure that the vinegar is all over the stain.
- Leave the spot for a few minutes.
- After 15 minutes make sure that you apply baking soda on the same stain.
- Because of its characteristics, after the application of baking soda, the stain will start bubbling.
- When the bubbling stops, make sure you clean the stain with a clean cloth.
- In case there is moisture on the spot, leave it to dry.
- This method is very good for such spills that are too stubborn.
Wash the Mattress Cover
There are going to be times when nothing is going to wash or clean the stains or spots on a mattress cover. In such situations, it is best if you wash your mattress cover. Here is what you need to do.
- Make sure you strip your mattress cover from all the decorations and bedsheets.
- Strip your mattress from a mattress cover and then gently put the mattress cover in a machine.
- You must know that a mattress cover can be washed in a machine and there is no harm in it.
- Put some detergent or soap in the machine and then run a gentle cycle.
- Make sure that the cycle is not too hard on the mattress cover or it will tear.
- 2 to 3 gentle cycles are enough to wash the mattress cover properly.
- It is good if you add some baking soda in the machine at the time of washing.
- Once the cycle is complete, air dry your mattress cover and that’s it.
Follow these amazing methods to remove the stains from your mattress cover. They all will work under different scenarios.
If want to now indepth about the mattress covers which material are used in their construction adn how they are made; then cosider to read out guide “What is Mattress Cover“