Protecting your mattress with the mattress cover eliminates many worries, and family members can sit and enjoy their time on the mattress as they wish. But you ever wonder how to wash a mattress cover?
The main purpose of a mattress cover is to avoid dust mites, pollution, and dirt from damaging your mattress. Although your mattress cover works as a knight in shining armor for your mattress and protects it at all costs, it cannot protect itself from getting dirty. Here comes your responsibility to wash it and save it from the dust and mites. It may seem like washing a mattress cover is not an easy task because of its huge size, but that is not the case. A mattress cover can easily be washed at home. It will not get damaged as a vinyl sheet is protecting the fabric from within. You have to follow the following steps to wash your mattress cover in the safest way possible.
You might also like our recent posts on the Best Cooling Mattress Pad for Tempurpedic Mattress and How to unzip a Tempurpedic mattress cover? available on a separate page.
Things you need:
- A washing machine
- A tumble dryer
- Bleach free laundry detergent
These are some simple steps that will help you in washing a mattress cover at home.
1. Take off the mattress cover
The first and foremost thing that is required is to remove the mattress cover from your mattress carefully.
2. Please put it in the washing machine
Now roll your mattress cover and put it in the washing machine. Follow the normal cycle that you normally use to wash your clothes. The only difference here is that you are supposed to use bleach-free detergent. You cannot use bleach when it comes to the mattress cover is it will destroy the vinyl sheet that is protecting your mattress cover.
3. Use the tumble dryer
The next thing you need to do is use the tumble dryer to dry the mattress cover. Do not forget to keep the heat temperature low. If you use high temperatures to dry the mattress cover, it will result in wrinkles on it.
4. Put it back on the mattress
The last step you need to follow is to wrap your mattress back into this mattress cover and feel good about it because you’ve done a great deal of work to keep it neat and clean.
Things to keep in mind
There are some factors that you must definitely keep in mind while washing a mattress cover.
- One thing you need to keep in mind is never to dry clean your mattress cover. Dry cleaning will surely destroy the membrane or vinyl sheet that is protecting your mattress cover.
- The other factor is temperature. You may feel that high temperatures will help you wash the mattress better, but the reality is otherwise. The high temperatures will only result in the wrinkling and destruction of your mattress cover.
- Last but not least, make proper use of the beach. Never use bleach to wash your mattress. Just go for the bleach-free detergent.
Hence washing a mattress may seem like a hard task, but it is not that difficult. To keep yourself and your room full of scented and fresh aura, you must wash your mattress cover at least once a month.