Back pain has been a lingering problem for the sleepers for long. It is also proven scientifically that back pain arises out of wrong contours during sleep. A lousy sleeping surface can push you into chronic back pain problems. The problem is mostly always with the mattress, and it is the mattress topper that can win or lose the equation.
A survey blames the critical reason for neurological pains on sleep anxiety. Anxiety occurs because of uncomfortable and wrong bedding choices. The Mattress topper comes forward to fill the lacuna caused by the mattress and provides an extra protective, comfortable, and cozy therapeutic layer.
The Mattress topper also helps in bolstering the mattress’ surface, extending the grip, and adds up additional support. A good mattress topper can cover up the minor defects of the mattress while a bad one runs down the benefits in the drain.
Another good thing about a mattress topper is that it allows you to have something for the worn-out mattress. In the presence of a mattress topper, you won’t have to replace your mattress with a new one
Many competitors are providing top-notch mattress toppers with healing features for your mattress. We will review some of the top manufacturers of mattress toppers for back pain. Do keep in mind that the products are not arranged in ascending competence order but are randomly selected. You can choose any of these for the excellent treatment of spinal, neck, and joint pains.
Buy a quality mattress topper and protect it with the waterproof mattress protector and it will surely enhance the life of the mattress as well as the mattress topper.
Lets dig into deep Who Makes The Best Mattress Topper for Back Pain?
Top of the list is Tempur-Pedic, which is a subsidiary of Sealy International. Kentucky based manufacturer is a brand name for providing bedding items all over the globe. Toppers are no longer an exception. Tempur-Pedic mainly uses a single material for the production, which is viscoelastic foam. The foam is recommended to be used for chronic back pain patients.
Tempur was a NASA project to provide extra cushioning to astronauts in space in 1980. The technology may be outdated for NASA, but this experiment provided a magical solution for the patients of back, neck, and joint pains. This is a reputed brand in the market and therefore, can be trusted.
Tempur-Pedic adopted Tempur as its core manufacturing formula. Tempur is extra soft but firm to the core. The first commercial usage of this material started in 1991 for spinal patients. Everything was a success from the very start.
Tempur-Pedic is believed to have cured several chronic patients and won a 2009 Electronic Retailing Association (ERA) award for this distinction. The manufacturer also provides support to vulnerable spinal patients. God forbid! If someone in your family is bedridden, then there is no better option than having them products of Tempurpedic.
Tempur-Pedic also mixes the Tempur material with the polyester and memory foam. The infusion is because of providing curves to support the body contours. Although the brand is well versed in making mattress pads, mattress toppers by the brand top the list.
Tempur-Pedic toppers are dense and durable. This is a high-grade product for relieving back pains. The toppers are also heated resilient and do not allow heat traps for hot sleepers. Tempur-Pedic toppers are available in a cosy thickness of three-inches, the standard for bedridden patients. At the same time, the toppers are covered with a protective cover.
- The Tempur-Pedic topper is soft but firm: The viscoelastic foam is soft and dense, up to three inches long. This softness ensued, keeping in view the needs of spinal pain patients. Viscoelastic aligns with the body contours and bestows a plushy feeling to the tender human skin.
- The Tempur-Pedic topper does not allow heat traps: One of the key reasons for chronic back pain is constant exposure to heat intensity. The Tempur-Pedic topper solves this problem by not allowing the heat traps to accumulate into the mattress.
- The Tempur-Pedic topper enhances a cosy grip: Tempur-Pedic toppers do not allow wiggling and jiggling. Shacking is anathema for back pain patients, and Tempur-Pedic keeps this need a priority and grips the mattress rock hard with extended elastic bands.
Things to Consider
- Tempur material cannot be washed: The real dilemma with the Tempur material is that it cannot be washed weather at the home, laundry or in a laboratory. This can become bothersome if the liquid spills into the deep layers of Tempur. This is the downside of this quality brand. If you are incontinent, then you should not go for this brand. However, the good point is that these toppers can always be cleaned.
- Tempur is pricey: Tempur is a special commercial-grade product. Hence, it is pricier than the other contemporary brands. The topper is not going to fit in everyone’s budget. If you are looking for something economical, then this is not your go-to option.
- No return or trial period: Tempur-Pedic does not extend return or trial policies to its esteemed customers. The reason is the limitation of the Tempur material.
2 – Serta
The second on our list is Serta. The American company started its operations in 1931. Serta incorporates four types of material in production: traditional innerspring, gel-infused memory foam, hybrid mattresses, and hybrid. The toppers of the Serta are popular among chronic back pain patients.
Serta toppers are full of polyester with an infusion of gel memory foam. The cosy polyester fill allows the body contours to align with the mattress curves. The toppers of Serta are embedded with dual-layer support.
Polyester toppers are recommended for chronic back, joint, and neck patients because of their super comfy structure. Serta has been facilitating its customers by providing medical-grade but domestic toppers. Constant use of Serta toppers thwarts the risk of back pain.
- Serta mattress toppers are dual-layered: Keeping in view the needs of chronic back pain patients, Serta manufactures its toppers in a dual-layer manner. Memory foam layer for firmness and down-fill polyester for softness.
- Serta mattress toppers are fit for sedentary people: It is an ideal mattress topper for you if the majority of your work-time is spent in a sedentary posture. The Serta mattress topper is the perfect choice for you. It is made up in such a manner that it relieves stress points, i.e. hip and heel joints.
- Built-in curves to entertain the pressure points: Serta mattress toppers are embossed with built-in curves which help in alignment with your natural sleeping posture. The curvy surface is designed by thorough analytical and empirical study of the body positions during slumber.
Things to Consider
- Dual-layer could be hard for bedridden ailments: The dual-layer Serta topper could be extra difficult for bedridden patients who are prone to developing bed and pressure sores.
- The infused gel gets hotter on warm nights: If you are a hot-sleeper, you should go with the Queen size variant of the Serta mattress topper. In this way, you can switch the sides, if gel gets hotter due to constant exposure to body heat.
- The surface is not waterproof: Usually, the Serta toppers have identical designs, and the surface is not waterproof at all, although the beneath portion is. If you need a mattress topper for your kid, then maybe you need to look for other options.
LUCID is the third one in this angelic cause of healing the spinal and neck patients. LUCID manufactures its topper using soft memory foam material with the unique alignment of the body contours.
Whether you are facing a chronic back pain problem and have just reported the symptoms of developing spinal issues, LUCID can prove to be a magical wand. This one is also a reputed brand in the market, and people usually have to say amazing things about the mattress toppers because of their healing qualities.
- LUCID mattress toppers have pin core holes: The pin core holes at the upper surface of the LUCID topper helps in the reduction of heat intensity. It helps in maintaining a relaxed ambience and prevents the body from sores from overheating. LUCID toppers are breathable and comfortable to wash.
- LUCID extends fashionable care: Although LUCID is a proven health solution, it also has the additional benefits of rejuvenating the old mattress. Thanks to its elegant double stitching and aesthetic texture. Just a change of the topper changes the look of your whole mattress. It seems like a brand-new version.
- Economical range: Comparatively, LUCID mattress toppers are available at a lower price than the other contemporary brands. This topper treatment saves bucks by providing instant relief. You need not visiting physicians after perching on the LUCID.
Things to Consider
- LUCID mattress toppers are not shock-absorbent: The constant shaking of the LUCID mattress toppers may result in early fraying. LUCID toppers are advised to be washed with a gentle spin; rough washing may end up with complete fraying of the topper.
- The toppers are not hypoallergenic: LICID mattress toppers are not hypoallergenic. Toppers need constant care and regular washing to stay away from germs and mites. You may have to buy something additional for bed bugs or dust mites because the mattress topper is definitely not hypoallergenic in nature.
4 – PlushBed
PlushBed is another classic brand in producing state-of-the-art solutions for neck and back care.
This is an American brand that uses special latex material in its mattress toppers. Latex is a special super comfy, luxurious material to provide extra smoothness. Latex is a durable element and trendy in popular bedding culture.
Plushbed’s toppers are durable and naturally aligned to the body curves. Plushbed’s topper automatically adjusts with the sleeping contours. The special design relieves stress from pressure points and ensures a comfy sleep.
The toppers of Plushbed are recommended for chronic spinal patients owing to close-to-nature design. Plushbed is physicians’ number one choice in North America.
- Plushbed mattress toppers are hypoallergenic: Plushbed mattress toppers not only extend spinal help but also save dwellers from germs and mites. In this era of the pandemic, Plushbed can be your reliable choice. Having these mattress toppers means not having to go for additional security for bed bugs or dust mites.
- Latex is naturally infusible: Plushbed’s core material in Plushbed is latex that is naturally infusible to the body. Plushbed toppers do not ensue bunching and extend a serene wholesome sleep to you.
- Certified Toxic-Free: Plushbed is certified with Goldguard and Oeko.
The independent safety and security bodies ensure the conclusion of toxic material into the bedding items. You can use this eco-friendly topper sans any fear.
Things to Consider
- Latex is vulnerable to heat exposure: Plushbed’s toppers are prone to be damaged by excessive heat. You must consider this point before buying Plushbed topper. It is not a good option for extensive heat regions.
- Plushbed does not avert heat traps: Warm nights may gift sweltering heat to this therapeutic mattress topper. Plushbed toppers do not tend to prevent heat traps. This is a major downside for this manufacturer.
5- Sleep Innovations
The last one on our list is Sleep Innovations. It produces gel-infused memory foam mattress toppers. The gel is a magical elixir to align the body movements during sleep. It also keeps the body temperature in a safe equilibrium.
Sleep Innovations mattress toppers are recommended for back pain and pressure sores. The topper regulates pressure bumps and extends to a soothing heal.
Sleep Innovations toppers have been extending its customer base by providing creme de la creme features in its topper. The topper is also hypoallergenic and stitched in an elegant double stitch manner. The double stitch provides durability to the therapeutic topper.
- Sleep Innovations regulates body temperature: The Sleep Innovations mattress topper is built with a sophisticated temperature regulating formula. The cooling gel mitigates the body heat and provides cooling therapy to the body.
- It is a natural healer: Sleep Innovations’ topper is considered a natural healer for chronic back pain owing to its distribution of plush from head to toe. You get incessant sleep with a miraculous healing wonder at work. Sweet dreams!
- Aesthetic texture: The Sleep Innovations company maintains aesthetic value in the first place. The topers are neatly sewed in a double stitch pattern. The topper is durable and away from the fears of wear and tear.
Things to consider
- Sleep Innovation’s gel-infused topper is not machine washable: Technically, the topper can be washed in a machine, but the gel withers away with a spin of the washing machine. The topper does not remain active at the end of the day. Anyhow this does not mean that it cannot be cleaned. With a simple cloth and lukewarm water, stains can go away along with a mild deodorant.
- Polyurethane is a toxic element: The secondary material used in Sleep Innovations is polyurethane, which is considered a toxic item. Until now, there are no hazardous effects reported by Sleep Innovations. But still, it is a debatable area.
We have done a comparative review of the top five therapeutic mattress toppers. The downsides and edgy features are also discussed in detail. All five brands are reported to have an extended customer base, and customers are getting salvation from chronic back, neck, and joint pain.
Now it is up to you for which brand you go for. Whatever you choose, the therapeutic toppers are reported to have miraculous healing, and you can be one of the benefactors.
Therapeutic toppers can also prove an invaluable gift for your loved ones. But at the end of the day, it is definitely up to you to make your choice.
Each and every mattress topper that is discussed in this article has its respective healing values. You can go for the one that is best suited for your needs.
We can hope that our guide will help you to understand who makes the best mattress topper for back pain and also support you to make a informed decision.